The trainer was very impressive and was able to get me over this first hurdle- thank you.
Contact Us For Further Dates
Contact Us For Further Dates
across the country
Please contact us for more details
Powerful PowerPoint training courses
PowerPoint is a most useful tool for the presenter - it is also the most misused tool
It has coined phrases such as ‘Death by PowerPoint’, ‘Bullet Point maze’, and MEGO*. The reality is most PowerPoint presentations have little ‘Power’, and often lose the ‘Point. (*Mine Eyes Glaze Over)!
Make your PowerPoint Powerful. Harness the Power aspect!
Who should attend the Powerful PowerPoint training skills course?
This standalone course is designed for candidates who have attended the Intermediate presentation skills course, or who feel that they have attained a reasonable level of presentation skills. It does not teach the basics of using the programme, but concentrates on how to use PowerPoint to the best effect – to enhance and clarify your presentation skills. PowerPoint for this course means either presentations delivered using a laptop and a data projector, or using an Overhead Projector and acetates.
- Explore PowerPoint and understand how to use it
- Learn how to avoid the common mistakes
- Analyse your shows to modify and improve
- Make PowerPoint work for you rather than against you.
Candidates will be asked to bring a short recent presentation they have used with them, in order to both present it to the group, and to provide working material to examine and improve upon. Additional material will be supplied by the trainer.
Whether you think your slides need some help, your presentation technique needs advice, or you just want to move up a league when using slides, this course is for you.
How this course will improve your PowerPoint presentation skills
In this course you will:
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of PowerPoint
- Learn to use PowerPoint to tap into the way adults learn
- Discover alternatives to bullet points
- Avoid mis-using the three main components of the programme
- Learn specific techniques that presenters should observe when using PP
- Gain confidence in delivery techniques based on knowing your material is not outdated in style, content or delivery
This course is not a course to teach you the mechanics of preparing PowerPoint slides*. It assumes that you have some knowledge of the programme, or an assistant who prepares slides to your instruction. It is also assumed that you have developed some general presentation skills through earlier courses or experience. (For example see our Intermediate Presentation Skills Training Course).
STOP getting it wrong, START getting it right!
- Stop having badly designed slides
- Stop having long lists of bullet points or too much text on one slide
- Stop the silent groaning of your audience as you switch the projector on
- Start to dramatically improve your PowerPoint presentations
- Start to stimulate the cognitive retention of your material
- Start impressing your audience with your ability to put information across.
Two options are available. A one day course as an advanced follow-on to a general presentation skills course, and a two day advanced course. The two day course refreshes and builds on general presentation skills combining those skills with the specifics of the PowerPoint course.
- If you want to add the WOW factor
- Learn some simple techniques
- Avoid the pitfalls
- Let PowerPoint complement your speaking
- Deliver material with the maximum effect
- Stand out from the crowd and be memorable, effective and powerful
If you need to give strong PowerPoint presentations - you need this course.
To get the most out of this course, candidates should have some general experience of presenting. They will be asked to prepare in advance a short presentation to be delivered using either acetates on an OHP, or using a data projector which will be available during the course.
On the two day course, candidates will be invited to spend a short time between the two days to prepare or modify their material.
Candidates on both courses will receive a pack of written material to be used as a resource immediately and in the future.
Powerful PowerPoint course trainers
The trainer for this course is Ian Price who prepared and wrote this course. As well as delivering presentation skills training at all levels, he has a wealth of experience in working with PowerPoint. As senior manager he has witnessed countless meetings that have suffered the slow ‘death by PowerPoint’ syndrome. He has researched this aspect of training delivery and also been responsible for creating powerful and dynamic presentation shows and training materials. In partnership with an American trainer and established author, he has written some helpful booklets on the use of PowerPoint and is developing material for a future book that will cover both presentation skills and PowerPoint specifics.
One to One sessions at short notice for people with urgent meetings, and presentations. Please call to discuss availability.
"My content and use of slides was by far the best whilst my delivery was confident and charged. All thanks to you of course."
One day courses for those who lack experience and confidence, or who are simply terrified! Starting from the very beginning you will leave the course having developed and delivered presentation.